- Sleeps 9
- Fully equipped
- Dogs allowed (supplement of £20 )
Take a wonderful break and visit the Meeting House located on a working sheep farm on the Black Mountains. A newly converted house with a modern interior retaining many original features and phenomenal panoramic views. In the 17th c Cromwellian times it was originally used as a ‘protestant meeting house’.
Set a little way up the beautiful Black Mountains above the Wye Valley, it is the perfect house for relaxing and admiring the stupendous views; and for cyclists, walkers, canoeists, riders and all others seeking to enjoy the beauty of the Wye Valley and the surrounding mountains. You can be sure of a friendly welcome.
Thank you for a wonderful stay! The house is amazing and we all loved it. We were her to celebrate Anne-Louise’s birthday as a family but there was also a surprise proposal of marriage as well. Lovely memories made. Hope to come back soon. Ting and family Jan 2018
Thank you for a festive welcome. Everything we needed was here. We’ve had snowy, windy and sunny walks. We hope to come back in the future. – Diving club group New Year 2017/18 BB
Thanks so much for a wonderful stay. Especially the generous hospitality including the arrival food and Christmas decorations, logs and the loan of sledges! We couldn’t have asked for more! The Haresign family Christmas 2017
We all had a lovely time here. Great location and house. The dog loved it here also! The Langton group Nov 2017 BB
Fantastic house. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Owners very accommodating. Hugely recommend. Sam’s 30th birthday Nov 2017 BB
Another amazing time here again. Will be back again soon. Thank you x – The Owen family Nov 2017 BB
What a lovely, cosy haven. We love The Meeting house and we’ll def be back! The house is well equipped and has amazing views. We had a few fires and played lots of games after we’d been out exploring the countryside. The showcaves near Brecon, Hay, Hay Bluff, horse riding at Grange farm and Capel – y finn. The spearing family – Oct 2017 BB
Wonderful two weeks celebrating with family and friends – relaxing and nobody wanted to leave! Beautiful accommodation, friendly hosts and a lovely location….will be back for another quiet weekend I’m sure. Thank you again. – Duncan’s 50th Oct 2017
What a lovely break in such a beautiful house and location. The views were tremendous and walk to boot. Wouldn’t hesitate in booking again. The Moore family New Year 2016/17
A lovely week here had by all! Stunning views from every window and lovely walk in the woods a must! Will be back again soon. Thinking of booking soon. Owens family Oct 2016
Superb location and lovely cottage. Hay Bluff, Hereford, Lord Hereford’s knob, all fantastic. Meal at the Blue Boar “outstanding”! Enough to keep 2x grannies busy plus all the fit ones. Fantastic week in a very warm house. Oct 2016
‘What a fabulous week! The house is great – everything we needed and more. The Hughes family Meeting house Christmas 2015
Ideal holiday home in a beautiful location. Definitely recommend! The Humphreys family Dec 2015
It has been a truly wonderful holiday – it couldn’t have been better in any way, even the weather was utterly amazing! The Butler family Oct 2014
We loved dining on the balcony and would recommend it to all our friends. The Lang family Sept 2014
A beautiful house with panoramic views to die for. Lisa and Martin August 2014
Sleeps 9, 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
On the first floor there is a spacious living room that boasts a large wood burning stove, with sofas, new flat screen LED TV, DVD and basic Sky-plus. The kitchen is well equipped with plenty of storage space and a double oven, electric hob, microwave, large fridge, freezer, dishwasher and table and chairs; it also leads out onto a spacious decked balcony. On the second floor there is a large games room, with a 6’ billiard table and lots of games, flat screen TV, DVD’s and sofa bed; perfect for children.
- Bedroom 1: King size bedroom
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom
- Bedroom 3: King size bedroom with en suite bath, separate shower, whb and toilet (There is a further single bed that can be made up if required.)
- Bathroom 1: Super large bath with shower over, whb and toilet.
- Sitting room:
- Walk through library / reading room with sofa bed
- Bathroom 3: Shower, whb and toilet.
- Bedroom 4: 3 single beds with en suite bath with shower attachment, whb and toilet.
- A friendly welcome and a hamper pack on your arrival with milk, tea, coffee, eggs, bread, butter, Welsh cakes.
- Quality bed linen and towels provided
- Wood provided for wood burning stove
- Lots of walks from the door
- Firepit in the garden
- Wifi and super fast broadband
- Mobile phone reception with 3G
- Music system and i-pod docking
- Cot & Highchair available
- Washing machine and drying facilities
- Garden with BBQ and garden furniture
- Lockable storage for bikes
- Parking available
- Electricity and highly efficient bio mass fuel heating
- ASDA, Tesco and Waitrose deliver here. There are also excellent local butchers, greengrocers and bakers in Hay
- Well behaved dogs welcome on discussion with owner (sorry not in bedrooms)
The house has a wonderful large balcony reached from the kitchen – the perfect place to sit in the evenings to watch the sun go down in the West and enjoy a drink. Steps lead up from the balcony to a woodland garden which is a secluded sun trap above the house that has amazing views across the valley.
MEETING HOUSE CALENDAR